Turkey Lumpia

Need2behealthy
0
I have always been one to love just about any type of Asian food to include Filipino.  I have had regular Lumpia which if I'm not mistaken they are made with Pork.  So these I found on Manila Spoon and they are made with Turkey.  I'm not sure how healthy they are but, I'm all about using leftovers and turning them into something pretty yummy and this totally fits the bill.



Turkey Spring Rolls

Ingredients

2 tbsp olive oil
3-4 cups cooked turkey, shredded
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium size onion, finely chopped
2 cups cabbage, chopped
1 cup carrots, finely chopped (Baby carrots are handy!)
1 cup bean sprouts
1 tub water chestnuts, chopped (optional)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
A few drops of Sesame oil (optional)
Lumpia Skin (Spring Roll Wrappers) - may be found at any Asian store (use the Filipino brand - the paper-thin variety, if you can find them)

For the Sauce to use for the Stir-Fry

Choices: Hoisin sauce (about 4 Tbsp or to taste), Soy Sauce (beging with 2 Tbsp), Oyster Sauce (begin with 1 Tbsp) or a Soy-Oyster combo. I usually eyeball the sauce so let this serve as a mere guide. Follow your taste buds!

I usually pre-cook all the ingredients before I fry or bake them but it’s not difficult to do so provided you’ve got all the ingredients ready.


Procedure

Heat the oil in a wok or a deep frying  pan in medium heat.

Season the oil by adding the garlic and frying it until aromatic, less than a minute. Add the onion and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.

Place the shredded turkey in the pan and stir-fry just until heated, 2 minutes more or less.

Raise the heat and add the vegetables and continue to stir-fry until tender, roughly 2-3 mins.

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)