Drink coffee, defeat depression - by Emily Main

Need2behealthy
0

Drink coffee, defeat depression


Here's a disturbing stat: More than 10 percent of the U.S. population is now on expensive antidepressant medications. But researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health are wondering if a few cups of coffee couldn't render those drugs unnecessary. In a study published last year, they found that women who drank an average of four cups of coffee per day were 20 percent less likely to develop depression than people who didn't drink coffee, or any other caffeinated drinks, for that matter. Caffeine may protect the brain against certain neurotoxins that can cause depression, the authors wrote, or it could be nothing more than the energy lift you get from chronic, low-level exposures to the stimulant. Either way, drink up! And make sure your morning joe is certified organic.
I suffer from depression and I drink coffee; however I don't drink 4 cups I could barely get through 1 each day.  But I can see how this could help defeat it.  Maybe I need to start drinking more cokes and eating more chocolate which is loaded with caffeine.  Oh wait that is how I got into this mess in the first place in terms of being obese.  Caffeine might be a cure for some but I don't see it being a cure for me. 

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)