Day 20 and so much to report

Need2behealthy
1
Food Journey
I can't believe that I am now 20 days into this lifestyle.  And I am dealing with my demons at every turn.  It is so hard for me on a daily basis.  But the one thing that keeps me strong is that I WANT TO LIVE!   I want to live a better life.  I have been blessed with an incredible husband and we have plans for our future.  In order for me to live out my plans with him I need to make sure I am here.  Over the past two weeks I have done everything I could to make sure I was on target.   He has been gone for three weeks and the past week in a half I wanted to do anything and everything I could to at least feel different.  My demons are something else, take a look at my battles below:

Battle 1
I went into the city to purchase some items when it was all said and done, I had a little money left over and was dying for some sushi.  In Las Vegas they have all kinds of all you can eat sushi restaurants where they actually make the sushi fresh and made to order.  If you only knew how much I completely adore sushi it is what my family and I call happy food.  I literally battled with myself and prayed and prayed and came to terms with the fact ok I am 2 weeks in (I was 2 weeks at the time) If I go have sushi all of the focus, the blogging, the sacrifice all of it will go to waist.  And then it came to me, I can totally make my own sushi.  So I did, I went to an asian market bought seaweed and then went to this incredible grocery store called Glaziers that has chunks of poke tuna and chunks of plain tuna.  I then went home and had quite a few tuna hand rolls and it was amazing.  No rice

Battle 2

On Saturday I went to church for choir rehearsal and youth ministry (I'm a staff member and we had a big program that Sunday, So Saturday we had rehearsal)  Anyway I go to rehearsal and there are like 3 boxes of these incredible donuts.  Now unfortunately I didn't get the chance to eat before I left home so on top of everything else I was starving.  I battled and battled and battled with myself until finally I made the decision I don't care I'm going to have a freakin donut.  I go to pick up the box and open, as I begin to get ready to go to town.  I lift up the box and literally threw it down and walked away.  Ha!!  I beat you demon your kung fu does not beat mine that's how I felt. 

My struggles are day to day.  I can go on and on with continuous battles that I go through but this posting would be ridiculously long. 

So now I am almost 3 weeks in and I feel as if I have been sober for 3 weeks.  My husband came home yesterday after being gone for so long.  He comes into an unexpected environment (I'll get into that later in the below posting) and he takes his arms and wraps them around my waist and the first thing he says to me is "wow you have lost some inches".  *screams* *screams again*  Every single battle I have gone through is so well worth it. 

Environment Journey
It wa rough but I did it *doing happy dance*  I did it I did it I did it.  I got the house completed, done completely spotless.  I was even able to have a trail of rose petals with candles to my bedroom where I stood there waiting.  It was awesome!!!  I couldn't have asked for a better response for him.

Now my battle is learning how to maintain it.  I did learn that we have to do this as a family.  There is not ifs and or buts about it.  It must be done.  Not one, Not two, but all of us have to pitch in.  If we see something out of place we just need to correct it. 

I feel as if I have truly made some progress in my Food Journey and my environment Journey next step is learing how to take care of me.


Food goal (I'm going to change to Health goal)
  1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day
  2. Start doing some sort of physical activity whether it is walking or using the tapes that I have.
Enviorment Goal
  1. Before we go to bed do a once over of the house to make sure everything is clean
Taking Care of Me Goal
  1. Tomorrow morning dress if I am leaving the house for work.  (Constant battle since I work from home)

Post a Comment

1Comments
  1. Im rooting for u girl!! Our journey is sho' nuff a lobg one, lets just focus on one step at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment